Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Happiest Place on Earth

So the MTC is a wonderful place, everyone is so loving, sociable, friendly, caring, fun, open and so knowledgeable. We spend our time studying, praying, practice teaching, learning how to teach and eating. However it is so hard too. It is one thing to know the principles of the gospel yourself, but to teach is a totally different  ball game. I am not going to lie, I can see how some missionaries would want to leave, because the first couple of days are pretty overwhelming with all the new things. I am SOOO thankful to be speaking English, because there is No way I could have learned to teach the gospel in any other language. I now have so much more respect for foreign missionaries. But I do love it here, everyone is so nice and sociable, you make friends everywhere you go.
    Like I said before, teaching is hard! Pretty much everyday we have been here, we had to teach investigators. I have the knowledge, but when it comes to spitting it out, I just go blank. So I have been praying hard to increase my faith and rely on the holy ghost to loosen my tongue, and as I practice more and become more comfortable with teaching, I am doing better. Yesterday I rocked my lesson!!!! I can't wait to see myself after the mission and how eloquent with teaching I wll be hahah
   Ok, now about my companions and district. My companion(Sister Atwood from Canada) came a day late because her visa hadn't come through. So our other sisters, Sister McGee(red hair), Sister Fambrough(tall with blond hair) and Sister Purcell(black hair) adopted me for the day. I LOVE all of the girls. They are all so inspiring, honest, sweet, uplifting, and great examples to me.  In our district, we have Elders Strong, Moore, Williams, and Cook. They are all really great as well, though not nearly as good as us sisters. But they can't help it girls are just better;)) They are always super polite, they hold our doors open, take our food trays, save us seats, and even stand when we enter the room. All we have to do is remind them a little. What can I say, we trained them well:))) 
   I hope you guys watched general Conference this week...because it was great.I watched all the sessions of course. In the Saturday  session, I liked L. Whitney Clayton, L. Tom Perry, Bednar, and Wilford W. Anderson's talk. Would you be able to send me Bednar's talk on Godly  Fear, that is something I would like to study deeper. For Sunday's session, I liked the talks by Holland and Ucthdorf. Could you send me Uchtdorf's talk too please:))) Those were my favorites but all of Conference was great. They even had a African guy speak! If you have any questions feel free to contact me, I would love to hear from you guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment