Monday, November 16, 2015

I Know Why I am Here and Where I am Going

Our  week of service:D Everyday this week, Sister Morrin and I looked for opportunities to serve. Whether it was being outside doing yard work, making a family dinner or even just writing a note to someone, it brought us soooo much happiness! It is so true, as King Benjamin says in Mosiah, 'Serving others serves God." Another theme of this week, was joy. Quite a few times, someone has commented on my youthful enthusiasm and excitement, and frequently,  I am asked why or how can I be so happy, especially in a world of so much bad. My answer to them is that I know why I am here and where I am going, and most importantly, I know that I have a loving Father in Heaven who is ever mindful of me. He loves me, and everyone, so much that he sent a Savior to redeem us from our sins, so, that we all have a way back to him again. So that, no matter what this world throws at us, through Christ, we can overcome! In the beginning of the Book of Mormon, Lehi has  a vision of the tree of life. From that vision, we realize that though this world is full of darkness and deceit, people who mock and scorn righteous living and many things that cause us to lose our way. However, we are provided with tools to see us through it all. The word of God is one such tool, and most important of all, the Atonement of Jesus Christ. As we continually do the small and simple acts of faith; prayer, scripture study, and going to church, we will be able to access the Atonement and always emulate joy! For we will understand our purpose here and know that we are being prepared for greatness!! 



~ With Bunches of Love,

 Sister Jordan

Mailing Address: 1331 G Street # 309
Lincoln, NE 68508

Click for Options
Our District

Click for Options
Gibson children

Click for Options
Darth Vadar - love Star Wars

No comments:

Post a Comment