Monday, November 9, 2015

Mountains to Climb

   We started off this week with a beautiful picnic by Holmes Lake with some of our sisters. The weather was wonderfully cool, and despite the fact that a fearless squirrel tried to attack us, it was perfect! Also, our ward asked Sister Morrin and I to do a little workshop on missionary work...and it was AWESOME!!!! We acted out our morning routine...working out, studies, planning, the whole thing. It was crazy and fast, but exactly how it feels being a missionary. I, sometimes, feel like there is not enough hours in the day to get everything done, and that is difficult.
     Also, this week, we  have been focusing on contacting members who haven't been to church in a while, checking up on them and seeing how we can help. I began feeling torn because I know we need to keep finding people to teach, but before I could give much thought to that, Heavenly Father provided! The next home we went to, the lady's husband was a member, but she isn't and she wants to know more. Not only that, but a member called to tell us she had a friend who wants to learn more about our church!!!
     That brings me to my favorite song of the week...Mountains to Climb . I love this song because it says "Give me mountains to climb, rivers to cross, something that's gonna make me better than I was...because they're taking me higher than I've ever been before."  And that's the truth, our trials and afflictions are Heavenly Father's way of strengthening us and bringing us closer to him. I am thankful for my difficulties because the closeness I feel to God is increased and it makes me stronger to be able to combat anything that will come in my path!! As we continually build on our faith and act accordingly, we will be able to ask God for "mountains to climb!''





~ With Bunches of Love,
 Sister Jordan



No comments:

Post a Comment