Tuesday, October 4, 2016

2 weeks and counting

So, conference was MAGNIFICENT...if you haven't seen it, go and watch it!! Instead of summarizing my top favorite talks (I loved them all), I want to share with you a parable that came to my mind as I was watching conference.

I was pondering on the fact that I have about two weeks left on my mission, and I thought about how excited my family is to have me home, but especially my mom. She is pumped to have me coming back!! I thought for a moment, how would she feel if I gave her a call and told her I had decided not to come home... that I was having fun, I didn't want any responsibilities, but wanted to go see the rest of the world and if I wanted to get in contact with her I would. I thought about this for a moment and imagined how my mom would feel, then the parable hit me.

Now, I would NEVER do that, (don't worry mama I am coming home!), but it made me think of our lives here on earth. Heavenly Father sent us here to learn and to grow, but to ultimately return back to him. Imagine his immense heartache when he sees that one of his children has decided that they don't want to come home, or have begun to take a path that will never bring them to Him again. I cannot comprehend the anguish he feels when we say to him, "No I don't want to keep the commandments...I'm having too much fun. Or, no, I don't want to repent right now, I will do it later. Or, no, I'm too busy, I can't read the scriptures right now." I invite each of you to reflect on the life you are living right now and ask yourself, "am I on the path that will bring me back home to my father in heaven?"


The world is so loud and enticing and its allure will continue to increase. However "be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed, for the Lord thy God is with thee wither soever thou goest and .. if thou art prepared thou shall not fear." The most wonderful message about this whole parable (and a huge emphasis in conference) is that change is possible. Not just temporary change, but lasting, eternal change! And that change is made possible through the atoning sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ. To quote Isaiah "His hand is stretched out still!" 

~ With Bunches of Love,
Sister Jordan

Mailing Address: 1429 Grandview Ave #24
Papillion, NE 68046

No comments:

Post a Comment