Monday, February 22, 2016

TRIALS

This week, I have been reflecting on the importance and need for trial in our lives. On a daily basis, I come in contact with people whose lives are full of trials and hardships, most times from things that are out of their control. They are confused, sad, and sometimes even angry at God. I pondered on the difference in attitude of these people as compared to those who have a knowledge of our Savior, his gospel and our purpose here on earth, and it is a night and day difference! I don't know about you, but this solution seemed too simple. How could every problem, every trial, every thing bad in this world be made right through Christ? And yet, that is the truth!

Those who truly understand our Savior see testing and trials as opportunities to be refined and become even better. Because, Jesus Christ and His Atonement cover everything, completely and fully. In Alma 31 we read about Alma, his brethren and sons and their trial as they are out preaching the gospel. They suffer all manner of affliction and trial. Yet, in verse 38, we see how they received the strength to press forward, all of their hardships were "swallowed up in the joy of Christ." Or in other words, all that was wrong was made right through our Savior Jesus Christ. And how was it that he was able to access this enabling power, in the end of verse 38, it says, "Now this was according to the prayer of Alma; and this because he prayed in faith." This strength of the Atonement is available to us all, the only requirement is for us to ask. 

Through our own personal trial, rather than being tempted to ask the question, "Why Me?" , turn to Heavenly Father and ask instead, "What can I learn from this?" and plead for the strength that is available to us all through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 
I feel that strength daily, so much so that as Ammon says in Alma 26:12, "I do not boast in my own strength...but behold, my joy is full yea my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God." This joy is accessible to us all and for that I am so very grateful!

~ With Bunches of Love,
 Sister Jordan

Mailing Address: 1109 E 66th Street
Kearney, NE 68847

No comments:

Post a Comment