Monday, August 29, 2016

Heartbreak in the field -

This week was a bit of a heartbreak week. All of those wonderful amazing miracles I shared these past couple of weeks, all of those people dropped us. :(  For one reason or another, none of them were ready to make a real commitment. Then, on top of that,I got sick (hahaha), but never fear, there is a lesson in every trial.

I have learned to embrace trial and opposition. They are essential to our progression and it is how we become better. Especially because I have been trying to focus on developing humility. Going through opposition helps us to recognize our dependence on the Lord and gives us a chance to recognize the little things God has given us.

So here are a couple little blessings from this week:  (1) being able to real time chat with Trae, especially because we are both missionaries now... (2) making funfetti cake with a 5 year old named Aria... and (3) President Gardner brought us mint oreo milkshakes because I was sick. There were so many more little tender mercies for which I am so very grateful for. And as it says in Mosiah 24:15 "Submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord". That is the test of this life, and I know we are never in it alone!!
~ With Bunches of Love,
Sister Jordan

Mailing Address: 1429 Grandview Ave #24
Papillion, NE 68046

No comments:

Post a Comment