Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Tough Week

Sooo...this week was one of the worst weeks of my mission. That being said, Heavenly Father filled this week with numerous tender mercies!!!:) Also some new beginnings and spiritual insights as well!!!

So, I had a cold last week, no big deal, except it came back five times stronger this Tuesday as a sinus infection. I had to stay in most of the week, but my wonderful companion took very good care of me. And there were a ton more blessings that came my way. I have learned a lesson in patience...again...I went through various waves of feeling better to feeling horrible and I couldn't figure out why I wasn't well already. And I realized everything happens for a reason and to look for the lesson in my being sick. It was very hard because when a missionary is sick, our entire work gets put on hold, our people go unseen and others go unfound because we have to be home. I felt frustrated because all I wanted to do was to be out and no matter what I tried, I stayed sick all week long. Then it hit me, Heavenly Father doesn't need me, that this work will still go on without me... that have the privilege to be used as an instrument in God's hands, that the experiences I have, are meant to build my testimony and conviction, and sometimes that happens when you are in bed all week:)

Now for the new beginnings and spiritual insights... I am getting a new companion this week, her name is Sister Draney and she is just a bucket full of sunshine.  She has only been our for about 6 months, but has been called to be a sister training leader here in Papillion, and I am SOOOO EXCITED!!! Also, with this being my last transfer (vomit;)), I have been reflecting on the changes I have made and how I want to be able to finish strong and with no regrets, and I came across this quote from Elder Holland, "Cherish everyday you've been given." And that is my plan cherish the infinite moments and the hard times, the tender mercies, and rough patches that come with this wonderful experience of a mission!:)

~ With Bunches of Love,
Sister Jordan

Mailing Address: 1429 Grandview Ave #24
Papillion, NE 68046

No comments:

Post a Comment