Monday, January 25, 2016

Personal Understanding of the Atonement

I had the opportunity to speak in Sacrament meeting this week, and my assignment of speaking on the importance of the Sacrament MADE my week!! Never before have a spent an entire week preparing for a talk. Usually, I finally get to it around 11 pm Saturday night, but not this time! I set aside time during my studies to focus solely on studying for my talk, and the results, if only for me personally, was Magnificent!!!!! I began in 1 Nephi 8 studying about Lehi's vision and the tree of life. The fruit of the tree of life is the love of God, or our Savior Jesus Christ, and in verses 10-12 we read on how it feels to partake of the fruit, or in other words experience Christ's Atonement in our lives. I then flipped over to Matthew 11: 28-30 where it testifies of our Saviors love for us and His desire to help and strengthen us, how we are bound to Him through the covenants we renew as we partake of the sacrament. I spoke and studied much more on Christ's Atonement, but over all, I felt so much love as I prepared and then gave this talk. In Preach My Gospel, it says "As one's understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ grows, your desire to share the gospel will increase." And that is a FACT! Because of the hope I have felt, the strength I have received, and the eternal perspective I have gained through understanding the Atonement, I am a missionary. Not only now, but forever. All need to know of the relief that comes only through Jesus Christ and feel of God's love as we all have the opportunity to weekly partake of the Sacrament. I invite you all to ponder on the impact the Savior has had on you personally, and to share it!!! Invite someone to church where they can experience first hand the power of the Atonement.
~ With Bunches of Love,
 Sister Jordan

Mailing Address: 1109 E 66th Street
Kearney, NE 68847


"You are Awesome!"



No comments:

Post a Comment