Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Self - Reflection

Another wonderful week here in Kearney Nebraska, a week full of reflection and Great news!!!This week, we had our interviews with our mission President, in preparation, we were to study and figure out something we wanted to work on to become more consecrated missionaries. As I was studying, a thought crossed my mind. What if I was preparing to have an interview with the Savior, instead of my mission President, how would this change my outlook? Needless to say my interview was with President and not the Savior, but that thought stuck with me. During my studies, I was reading Alma 5, which is a perfect self evaluation to gauge your relationship with Christ. In verse 19 it asks, "Can ye look up having the image of God engraven upon your countenances?" To me this underlines the importance of living like Christ, so much so that people can recognize the difference in our countenances. This world is crazy and it gets worse by the day, however I find comfort and guidance in Heleman 5:12 which states, "Remember...that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation...which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." I believe that with my whole heart, the only peace and solace to be found in this world is through Christ our Savior. I invite each of you to take the "self evaluation" in Alma 5 and to ponder on how you can better emulate the Savior and His teachings.
~ With Bunches of Love,
 Sister Jordan

Mailing Address: 1109 E 66th Street
Kearney, NE 68847

No comments:

Post a Comment