Monday, April 18, 2016

Hope and Happiness

     In my studies this morning, we sang the song, "We are all enlisted" And the last verse has stuck with me all day. First, " Fighting for a kingdom, and the world is our foe; Happy are we! Happy are we!" I thought that was funny, we are fighting but happy, how does that work? The answer for this happiness  is found in the last stanza, "Dangers may gather--why should we fear? Jesus, our Leader, ever is near. He will protect us, comfort, and cheer. We're joyfully, joyfully marching to our home." And it hit me, oh my goodness this is soo true!! With just having hit my year mark, going home is an upcoming reality, which truthfully fills me with a bit of worry and fear. This world is crazy and it gets worse daily, as a missionary we are sheltered from most worries and struggles, but that is not how it will be when I get home. 
       However, I realized this week, that I need not fear, because as I tell all who I come in contact with,  we can have hope and happiness as we center our lives on our Savior Jesus Christ. Here in Kearney we recently had our stake conference, and wouldn't you know it,  the topic was how we can better live a Christ centered life. I want to share just the highlights of numerous wonderful and inspirational talks. To live a more Christ centered life, we need to make prayer, scripture study and church attendance priorities, not just for ourselves individually but as families, eliminate bad influences by asking yourself the question, "If the Savior walked in would I feel comfortable watching, reading talking etc....?", to attend the temple as often as possible, and lastly to make it a family effort. There is immense strength in uniting together for one purpose as a family. Life is not easy, nor was it meant to be, it is a time of testing and trial. The only solution to lasting and eternal happiness lies in our Savior Jesus Christ and obedience to his commandments.
       Though the world will tell us these commandments are restrictive and imposing, in reality, they free us from Satan's temptations and allow us to determine ourselves all that we do.  My invitation to you is to try and choose something that will more fully center your life on Christ, something that will stretch you and exercise your faith. I can promise you, because this is what I have discovered first hand, that as you more fully try and center your life on the Savior, all other fears will disappear, you will be happy in any circumstance, and you will be filled with a joy that will radiate and effect all who you come in contact with!
~ With Bunches of Love,
 Sister Jordan

Mailing Address: 1109 E 66th Street
Kearney, NE 68847







No comments:

Post a Comment