Wednesday, April 6, 2016

UNITY (one year anniversary, April 1, 2016 - WOW!!)

Oh man, this weekend was General Conference weekend!!!!!! I  seriously felt like a kid on Christmas, haha, I was sooo sad when it was over:/   I LOVED soo many of the talks, and how most talked, a lot, about our divine nature, and the potential we have for greatness, but that greatness can only be grown through the opposition of trials. My favorite was, as always, President Utchdorf. He spoke on the importance of obedience, and how it is a symbol of our faith, and love for the Savior. I also like the Father talk by Elder Christoferson, even though I'm not a father, or a mother, haha.  Still, I feel like the principles apply, because I am still trying to come closer to Heavenly Father, and this talk perfectly outlines more things I can do:) 
 Another interesting theme, I recognized this conference was that of unity. Uniting us all through prayers of faith for the speakers and choir. Unity in the fact that we all have trials and afflictions. Unity in all being beloved children of a most high God. Unity through the equal opportunity we all have to be strengthened, and cleansed through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Unity with God through the blessing of the temple, and the power that comes from a united, Christ centered family. There is great power in unity, as we learn in Mosiah 18:21, that the people should "look forward with one eye, having one faith, and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity, and in love, one towards another." Having our hearts knitted together in love, focusing on our Savior, is the only safety in this crazy and confused world. 

I pray that we may all remember the things taught to us this conference.  We know that Christ has ordained these men to be prophets seers and revelators, that through them we can receive inspiration and guidance for ourselves and our families, thus to keep us safe and bring us peace. May we reverence their words, and study them as if the Lord himself had spoken them. May we also remember the words to the hymn"I Thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet", "When dark clouds of trouble hang o'er us and threaten our peace to destroy, there is hope smiling brightly before us!" I know that hope come from the words of our living prophets and apostles today and we will not be led astray.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN.

~ With Bunches of Love,
 Sister Jordan

Mailing Address: 1109 E 66th Street
Kearney, NE 68847

No comments:

Post a Comment