Monday, April 25, 2016

Talking to EVERYONE

This week was a definite growing experience for me. So since  I have been out now for about a year, I had begun to reflect on my expectations I had set for myself at the beginning of my mission. I realized that though I had come a long way, I still was not at all where I had expected myself to be. For a moment I got a bit discouraged and quite a bit frustrated, however, Heavenly Father is so very mindful of me and I came across this scripture in Jacob chapter 4 verse 7, which says"The Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace and his great condescension unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things." I recognized that it is ok to fall short, to be imperfect and still improving, for we know that we are given weaknesses to be humble. 
  So I began to ponder on how I might be able to humble myself to recognize the hand of God in this work. So I decided to focus on one of my weaknesses this week and work hard to improve it, I chose talking to everyone. Not just those people who are at the cash register or walk past you on the street, we took it to the next level and pulled over our car to talk to anyone who we saw. Now I know this may seem sort of silly, because aren't missionaries always supposed to talk to everyone, but I had begun to let my fear keep me from even reaching out. However, as I prayed for the strength and courage, we talked to everyone this week,  and the results were miraculous!!!
   It was an amazing opportunity to, on a daily basis many times during the day, to testify of our Savior Jesus Christ. We handed out a bunch of copies of the Book of Mormon, and we now have so many more people to teach. One lady even thanked us for"bringing our shining spirits to brighten up her day." Don't get me wrong, there were many who were not interested, but we figured it out and for every two that were not interested, two accepted us!! It is true that by ourselves, we are weak and imperfect, but when we partner ourselves with our Savior and rely on his strength, anything and everything is possible. 
~ With Bunches of Love,
 Sister Jordan

Mailing Address: 1109 E 66th Street
Kearney, NE 68847




No comments:

Post a Comment