Monday, September 12, 2016

Families and Marriage???

So whether I like it or not, the topic of this week, at least for me, personally,  has been the importance of marriage and family. Not that I don't like marriage or family, but as a missionary that hasn't been something I have needed to focus on, at least for myself personally...but that has changed, haha. It started with my studies in Alma chapters 20-26, which is all about Ammon and the sons of Mosiah's and their missionary efforts among the Lamanites. These Lamanites became so converted to the Lord that not only did they bury their weapons of war, some even sacrificed their lives, rather than break the covenant they had made with Heavenly Father.
And a thought came to my mind, "Many of us say that we would die for what we believe!", but I think more important than dying for our beliefs, is living for them. Then the question came, "What can I do to more fully live for what I believe?"
Now you ask, what has this to do with marriage and families??? Everything! Families have been under Satan's attack since the beginning of time. Adam and Eve didn't really have the perfect family, and neither did Lehi and Sarahia, however because of their example and teachings, we have the ability to strengthen our families against Satan's attacks. And that first begins by LIVING what we believe. In Relief Society, we talked about the characteristics of a happy family. Among those were service to others, family prayer, family traditions, physically activity, encouraging language, empathy, finding meaning in negative life experiences and knowledge of family roots. By the way these were all found from google, not church sites!!

It was such a testimony to me of the security of this gospel. Not only do we have the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the priesthood, but all of the activities and focuses of our church are meant to strengthen marriages and families. 
I invite each of you to reflect on your life and see what can you do to more fully live what you believe, and then take that matter to prayer. I know that as we reflect on ourselves, not only will we receive an answer on what we can do to improve ourselves, this will also be an answer on what you can do to further strengthen your families. Heavenly Father wants for us to succeed, He loves us and that is exactly why He sent his son, not only to atone for our sins, but to give us the ability to become greater!
~ With Bunches of Love,
Sister Jordan

Mailing Address: 1429 Grandview Ave #24
Papillion, NE 68046

No comments:

Post a Comment